Empty Mornings

I really enjoy early mornings, and I enjoy them even more when they are in Manhattan. I love the contrast between the busy afternoons and the empty hours before sunrise. 4 AM is when this city looks its best, I think.


I fell asleep after I got home from class yesterday afternoon at 5, and then I managed to sleep for six hours. Don't ask me how. So, since I usually get about 6 hours of sleep a night, I saw no reason to sleep after I woke up at 11 PM. I went over to Caz's room with Abby since the Lewis boys were in a house meeting, and we shared stories about major injuries in our past. Ryan was also there, and he told us about how he broke his femur when he was 2. It was great times.

Then, Abby and I went up to the roof because the boys went to Wendy's and weren't back yet, and all of my stuff was in 5B. There were people up there, and it was nice.

Then we went to 5B and listened to the boys plan a man trip up to Vermont some time in November. I am jealous, but this means that we will have a nice home-cooked meal waiting for them when they come home. Then we studied for Logic. I left their place after they all went to bed and headed over to the Herald Square Market to buy a drink and sit upstairs to read some more. Unfortunately, there's a 5-dollar minimum to use a credit card, so I had to buy 3 drinks. Then I sat upstairs, drank a V8, and read Logic for about 30 minutes until I decided to head home. Now I'm sitting here and feeling pretty confident about the Logic material. There are 4 hours until class starts. I'm going to go to the gym in about 30 minutes, most likely. I love going to the gym in the morning. Let's make that a habit.

0 Responses on "Empty Mornings"

Post a Comment